Summer has come and gone and it is time to face the music: school is coming. How do we prepare our little ones (and ourselves) for a successful start to a new school year?
Here are 5 tips to jump-start the new school year:
- Make an organized storage space for school supplies. Gather up all of the supplies your child will need for this up coming school year and keep them in this storage space. This will help your child stay organized and keep you from worrying about having to look for their notebook at the last minute.
- Color code School supplies. This mostly means by student since they don’t yet have multiple subjects. Pick out supplies in each of your children’s favorite colors so each of your children knows who has what.
- Start working on time management. My favorite way to do this is by adding an analog clock in every room your child uses. Even if your child cannot read analog yet, they can still see the time moving and start to understand the concept of time management.
- Always get ready the night before. We know how hard it is to motivate an elementary student to get up and get ready for the day. Have your child pick out their outfits and pack the backpack the night before so they are ready for morning.
- Coordinate the school’s calendar with your family calendar. Hop on to the school’s website and check out the event calendar. This way you and your student are prepared for all after school activates and events and are aware of all breaks ahead.
Order Out of Chaos® professional organizing, time management and coaching services; family education and ADHD resources, as well as educational products to families and their students. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter for the latest organizational tips and strategies!